Cleaver attack in Chinese robbery
DETECTIVES are today investigating a robbery at a Chinese restaurant in Ipswich.The offender walked into the Canton Ocean Chinese Restaurant in Queen Street shortly after 4.
DETECTIVES are today investigating a robbery at a Chinese restaurant in Ipswich.
The offender walked into the Canton Ocean Chinese Restaurant in Queen Street shortly after 4.30pm on Saturday, claiming he had a gun and demanding money.
He then grabbed two cash boxes from a cupboard.
A member of staff chased the man through the kitchen where the offender picked up a cleaver and stuck out at the member of staff causing his shirt to tear.
You may also want to watch:
The robber then made his exit via the back door and ran down an alleyway heading in the direction of Barclays Bank.
The offender is described as black, about 6ft and in his mid to late 20s and had a goatee beard. He was wearing a black jacket and white sports trousers.
- 1 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 2 Anger as 'selfish' fly-tippers dump couch in Ipswich street
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 4 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing
- 5 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 6 Seafront theatre set for big improvements and balcony dining
- 7 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 8 Ipswich man in court accused of setting light to car
- 9 Nadia Cenci to get equality training after 'virtually no racism' tweet
- 10 Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Dc Matt Connick at Ipswich CID on 01473 383133 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.