Cleaver attack in Chinese robbery
DETECTIVES are today investigating a robbery at a Chinese restaurant in Ipswich.The offender walked into the Canton Ocean Chinese Restaurant in Queen Street shortly after 4.
DETECTIVES are today investigating a robbery at a Chinese restaurant in Ipswich.
The offender walked into the Canton Ocean Chinese Restaurant in Queen Street shortly after 4.30pm on Saturday, claiming he had a gun and demanding money.
He then grabbed two cash boxes from a cupboard.
A member of staff chased the man through the kitchen where the offender picked up a cleaver and stuck out at the member of staff causing his shirt to tear.
The robber then made his exit via the back door and ran down an alleyway heading in the direction of Barclays Bank.
The offender is described as black, about 6ft and in his mid to late 20s and had a goatee beard. He was wearing a black jacket and white sports trousers.
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 3 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 4 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 5 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 6 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 7 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 8 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 9 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 10 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Dc Matt Connick at Ipswich CID on 01473 383133 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.