The Jolly Postman hosts a journey around Ipswich this Easter
- Credit: OLIVER SULLIVAN
Families can take a tour around Ipswich during the Easter holidays seeking out the Jolly Postmen and Postwomen of the town.
The Friends of Cliff Lane are organising the family-friendly trail, inspired by Janet and Allan Ahlberg's book, to raise funds for the primary school.
There will be pictures of postmen and women in the windows of 40 homes around the school and children will be able to walk or cycle around during the school break collecting the names of each of them.
Maps showing where the images can be found are available for £2 each and it will run from March 26 to April 9.
Children will receive a certificate, chocolate coin and sunflower seed to congratulate them on their efforts and one lucky winner will also receive a giant Easter egg. There will be a sunflower competition later in the year for those who plant their seeds and nurture them this spring.
Order your maps here https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/booking/select/jmoGQtnHAbIL
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 4 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 5 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 6 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 7 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 8 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 9 Ipswich pubs offer cash reward to see spiking conviction
- 10 Ipswich Central prepares for new five-year term to change town