Club still shut after shooting
ONE of Ipswich's main through routes was re-opened this evening after being closed all day as part of a major police investigation.A police spokesman said Woodbridge Road - where a man was left with a gunshot wound following a brawl - was open again and businesses in the area could operate as normal.
A CLUB remains shut as part of a major police investigation after a man was shot.
Officers are still at the Caribbean Club in Woodbridge Road, Ipswich, which was the scene of a brawl in the early hours of Saturday.
The five victims - including a man suffering what is believed to be a gun shot wound - from the fight have all been treated and released from Ipswich Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said this morning that Woodbridge Road is now open again and businesses in the area could operate as normal after it was shut for all of Saturday.
However the Caribbean Club, scene of the fight, will remain closed and cordoned off until further notice.
- 1 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 2 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 3 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 4 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
- 5 Ipswich carer stole £570 from autistic client's bank account
- 6 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 7 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 8 Tesco introduces permanent quiet hours at its stores
- 9 Fresh warning to parents after children re-enact Squid Game on playgrounds
- 10 Everything you need to know about inflatable Waterfront sculpture
Police investigations were continuing and the police pod would remain at the bottom of Woodbridge Road for “community reassurance”, the spokeswoman added.
The police spokeswoman said all the five victims were local and that four had minor cuts and bruises.
Anyone who was at the club last night is asked to contact Ipswich CID on 01483 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.