Colchester man denies raping girl, 17, in Sherrington Park, Ipswich
A Colchester man allegedly raped a 17-year-old girl after taking hold of her arm and walking her to an Ipswich park shortly after meeting her for the first time, a court has heard.
Dara Abdullah allegedly introduced himself to the girl as “Alan” while she was out dog walking with a friend in Little Bramford Lane in June, Ipswich Crown Court was told.
After the three had stood chatting for a while the alleged victim’s friend left and Abdullah had allegedly grabbed hold of her sleeve and said:”My name’s Alan. Don’t tell anyone,” said Nicola May, prosecuting.
“She felt scared of him. In her mind she didn’t feel there was an opportunity to get away from him,” said Miss May.
They had walked to a grassy area away from the main path in Sherrington Park where Abdullah had allegedly pushed her to the ground and removed her lower clothing.
You may also want to watch:
He had then allegedly pulled down his shorts and underwear and ignoring her protests he had allegedly sexually assaulted and raped her, said Miss May.
Afterwards Abdullah had allegedly thrown a £10 note in her direction.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
Police later took swabs from the scene of the alleged attack and found Abdullah’s DNA in semen on the ground and traces in her underwear, said Miss May.
Abdullah, 39, of Alyssum Walk, Colchester has denied rape and two offences of assault by penetration.
After his arrest he claimed the alleged victim had made sexual advances towards him and had asked for money.
He said she had removed her clothing and wanted him to have sex with her but he had been unable to. However, he admitted ejaculating at the scene of the alleged incident.
The trial continues today, Tuesday.