Colchester: Police renew appeal for witnesses after stabbing outside High Street’s Liquid nightclub
- Credit: Su Anderson
Detectives are appealing for more witnesses after a stabbing outside a nightclub.
Police were contacted shortly before 3.30am on Friday following reports of a disturbance inside Liquid on Colchester High Street.
Officers arrived and found a 27-year-old local man with a stab wound to his body.
He was taken to Colchester General Hospital and later transferred to Cambridgeshire’s Addenbrookes Hospital.
A spokesman said he remains in hospital receiving treatment and his condition is described as stable.
Investigating officer, Detective Alison Cotter, said: “A lot of people would have been leaving the night-club at the time this happened and I am sure there must be other witnesses to what happened who we have not yet spoken to.
“If you were on Colchester High Street in the early hours of last Friday and saw what happened I would urge you to get in touch with me by calling Colchester Police Station on 101 or ringing Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 2 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 3 15 of the best photos from Ipswich Music Day 2022
- 4 Keys secured as 'Goliath' £1.2m needed to restore burned down church
- 5 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk neighbourhoods with highest Covid rates
- 6 Jailed in June: The Suffolk criminals locked up last month
- 7 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 8 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 9 Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
- 10 Woman in 30s seriously injured after crash in south Suffolk
A 21-year-old man from Middlesex, a 19-year-old man from Brentwood, a 23-year-old man from the Colchester area and a 37-year-old woman, also from the Colchester area, were all arrested at the scene in connection with the incident.
They are all on police bail until Tuesday, October 7 pending further enquiries.