Colder weather may have contributed to Ipswich Hospital having its busiest day of the year
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich’s hospital had its busy day of the year yesterday for admissions.
The rush was experienced across the hospital, not just in the emergency department – though the number of people seen there was above average.
Hospital spokesman Jan Ingle said Monday afternoons were always a busy time for the hospital.
“There’s a whole variety of reasons why,” she said. “It’s got colder and it’s the time of year where we expect to see a seasonal increase.
“We’ve got very strong plans for this winter.”
Mrs Ingle said the colder weather could cause things like respiratory problems or complex conditions to flare up, contributing to the increase in admissions.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 4 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 5 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 10 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home