'Plans to improve facilities' at 590-bed Ipswich student block
- Credit: Collegiate AC
Students living in a 590-bed Ipswich hall of residence have been promised improvements to their accommodation by the building's new manager.
Collegiate AC has taken over management of Athena Hall at the Neptune Marina quayside, which provides en-suite apartments and studios to University of Suffolk students.
The firm runs a number of other student accommodation premises across the country, catering for a total of 9,000 students nationwide.
It says it wants to "bring its award winning service, facilities and student experience to the town" and said it "has plans to improve the facilities for tenants".
Rob Moyle, chief executive officer for Collegiate, said: “We’re excited to be bringing our award-winning offer to students in Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
"It’s a tough time to be a student, however the team is working hard to build an inclusive community that provides a safe, secure and supportive environment for all our tenants - so that they are able to maximise their student experiences.”
Athena Hall, which is a two-minute walk from the university's Waterfront campus, currently has a large common room for social events and a self-service laundry room on site.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
Collegiate says its other student accommodation sites "offer students a range of class-leading amenities, including gyms, cinema rooms, and dinner party rooms".
Prices for 50-week rents at Athena Hall range from £6,360 to £8,738.