Collisions cause delays on A12
MOTORISTS on the A12 suffered severe disruptions today after two accidents.The first incident happened at Bredfield at about 10.30 this morning. One car is believed to have collided with a tree or a lamppost leaving the driver trapped.
POLICE are appealing for witnesses today after two serious accidents on the A12.
Motorists suffered severe disruptions on Saturday after two serious accidents.
The first happened at Bredfield at about 10.30am when one car is believed to have collided with a tree or a lamppost leaving the driver trapped.
He was freed by firefighters from Woodbridge and Ipswich and taken by ambulance to Ipswich hospital. His condition is currently unknown.
The second accident occurred when a yellow triumph motorcycle left the northbound carriageway of the A12 and struck the crash barrier.
The incident happened on the Essex/Suffolk border near the Stratford Road bridge and left the road closed for more than four hours.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 4 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 7 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 8 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 9 Pair deny involvement in amphetamine and cannabis dealing
- 10 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
The 36-year-old motorcyclist was taken by air ambulance to Colchester General Hospital with serious injuries. He is believed to be from Surrey.
Anyone witnesses to this incident should contact Stanway road policing unit on 01206 762512. Calls in relation to the Bredfield accident should be made to Ipswich police 01473 613500.