Come dancing with prize pair!
TWINKLE-toed pair Raju and Lorraine Arulanantham have danced their way to more success at a top Suffolk championship.The Canadian couple won the senior Latin American gold cup at the Suffolk open amateur modern and Latin American dancing championships held at the Rushmere Sports and Social Club.
TWINKLE-toed pair Raju and Lorraine Arulanantham have danced their way to more success at a top Suffolk championship.
The Canadian couple won the senior Latin American gold cup at the Suffolk open amateur modern and Latin American dancing championships held at the Rushmere Sports and Social Club.
It was the fifth time in as many years of competing in the competition that they have won the prize.
Reflecting on his latest success, refrigeration engineer Mr Arulanantham said: "The competition was a very high standard and we were delighted to win. We missed the competition last year because of work commitments so there was a lot of pressure this year."
You may also want to watch:
The pair, of Norwich Road, Ipswich, suffered heartbreak after the previous competition they entered when their car, with their trophy inside, was stolen. The stress of the incident caused Mr Arulanantham to faint but the trophy was later recovered and this year's event proved to be an altogether happier occasion for them.
The couple is available to offer demonstrations and are also seeking sponsorship. They can be contacted on 01473 217627.
- 1 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 2 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 3 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 4 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 Community left heartbroken by loss of mum Jessica
- 8 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Suffolk man buys rare Mini built to mark Queen's Silver Jubilee for £10k