Community grief greets third road death
A FAMILY is today struggling to come to terms with their grief after a 29-year-old man was killed in a tragic motorbike accident.Darren Walton, from Stowupland near Stowmarket, died after he lost control of a Yamaha 350 motorcycle near Norwich.
A FAMILY is today struggling to come to terms with their grief after a 29-year-old man was killed in a tragic motorbike accident.
Darren Walton, from Stowupland near Stowmarket, died after he lost control of a Yamaha 350 motorcycle near Norwich.
His death has left the village of Stowupland stunned after he became the third young person from the community to die in a road accident since September.
The accident happened just before 1.20pm on Saturday , on the Ashwellthorpe Industrial Estate when the bike driven by Mr Walton collided with bollards at the side of the road.
You may also want to watch:
The location was given by police at outside Unit 2 on the estate. The rider received fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said the motorcycle was travelling along the access road towards the B1113 when the rider lost control of the machine.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 4 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 5 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 6 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 7 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 8 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 9 Suspect in Victoria Hall murder case still being questioned by police
- 10 Go-ahead secured for new hotel near Ipswich Town ground
Karl Waterman, 18, from Stowupland Road, Stowmarket died when his motorbike collided with a tractor on a country road in Hopton on September 8 last year.
Tanya Atkins, 22, from Hornbeam Road, Stowupland, died on October 6 after being involved in a car accident just outside the village.
Mr Walton's family from Columbyne Close in Stowupland, were too upset to talk yesterday, but locally he was known as a 'lovely young man'.
At The Retreat pub in Stowupland landlord Michael Hawkins said drinkers were stunned by news of his death.
The Rev Deirdre Parmenter, rural dean for the area and vicar at Stowupland, said: "It just goes on and on, we have had so many deaths.
"It's terribly shocking, this really is. So many young people have died recently.
"It effects the community so much, everyone feels so helpless when a young life is blown away.