Community grief greets third road death
A FAMILY is today struggling to come to terms with their grief after a 29-year-old man was killed in a tragic motorbike accident.Darren Walton, from Stowupland near Stowmarket, died after he lost control of a Yamaha 350 motorcycle near Norwich.
A FAMILY is today struggling to come to terms with their grief after a 29-year-old man was killed in a tragic motorbike accident.
Darren Walton, from Stowupland near Stowmarket, died after he lost control of a Yamaha 350 motorcycle near Norwich.
His death has left the village of Stowupland stunned after he became the third young person from the community to die in a road accident since September.
The accident happened just before 1.20pm on Saturday , on the Ashwellthorpe Industrial Estate when the bike driven by Mr Walton collided with bollards at the side of the road.
You may also want to watch:
The location was given by police at outside Unit 2 on the estate. The rider received fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said the motorcycle was travelling along the access road towards the B1113 when the rider lost control of the machine.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 7 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 8 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 9 Man accused of burgling GP surgeries and pharmacy appears in court
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home
Karl Waterman, 18, from Stowupland Road, Stowmarket died when his motorbike collided with a tractor on a country road in Hopton on September 8 last year.
Tanya Atkins, 22, from Hornbeam Road, Stowupland, died on October 6 after being involved in a car accident just outside the village.
Mr Walton's family from Columbyne Close in Stowupland, were too upset to talk yesterday, but locally he was known as a 'lovely young man'.
At The Retreat pub in Stowupland landlord Michael Hawkins said drinkers were stunned by news of his death.
The Rev Deirdre Parmenter, rural dean for the area and vicar at Stowupland, said: "It just goes on and on, we have had so many deaths.
"It's terribly shocking, this really is. So many young people have died recently.
"It effects the community so much, everyone feels so helpless when a young life is blown away.