Community in mourning after road horror tragedy
A community rocked by the death of a treasured friend and neighbour is today in mourning as the first picture of the woman tragically killed in a crash on the A12 is revealed.
News of Mafalda Sofia Do Nascimento Pio’s death has shocked the close-knit Portuguese community living in the town.
Friends of the 34-year-old are today struggling to come to terms with the loss of a “popular and well-loved” woman.
Her partner, named locally as Jose Rideiro, lived with Mafalda in Bramford Lane after moving from Thetford. He is said to be devastated by her death.
Mafalda, who worked at a chicken factory in Ipswich, was travelling in a BMW on Sunday, September 26, when it left off the road, ploughing into a bridge near to the Dedham turn off.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
It is understood she was travelling with Joao Alves, the driver, and her partner of around 12 years, Mr Rideiro.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 3 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 4 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 5 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 6 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 9 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 10 'They saved our boy's life' - Fundraiser for hospital that helped little Rocco
They were on their way back from a car boot sale in Colchester when the horror crash happened on the northbound carriageway.
- See tonight’s Evening Star for the full story - or to obtain the full electronic version click on http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/home/e-edition
- Pay your tributes to Mafalda Sofia Do Nascimento Pio. Contact The Evening Star news desk on 01473 324738 or e-mail email@example.com