Community order for forgery man
A MAN who travelled from London to Ipswich to pass counterfeit £20 notes has been ordered to carry out a 200-hour community punishment order.Lance Smith, 19, bought small items like pairs of socks and paid for them with forged notes.
A MAN who travelled from London to Ipswich to pass counterfeit £20 notes has been ordered to carry out a 200-hour community punishment order.
Lance Smith, 19, bought small items like pairs of socks and paid for them with forged notes.
Yesterday Smith of London, was ordered to carry out the community punishment order and to pay £150 prosecuting costs after he admitted passing five counterfeit notes.
He was also ordered to forfeit £100 which was found on him by police at the time of his arrest.
You may also want to watch:
This money will be used to compensate the five stores involved in the offences.
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 4 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 5 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 6 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 7 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 8 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
- 9 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience