Company moves with the times
A FELIXSTOWE-based company today announced plans to modernise with a new identity – a move which it hopes will create many new jobs.Extensive market research by PD Logistics showed few, if any, customers and potential customers knew the full extent of its distribution, port and shipping operations because its companies did not have a common name.
A FELIXSTOWE-based company today announced plans to modernise with a new identity – a move which it hopes will create many new jobs.
Extensive market research by PD Logistics showed few, if any, customers and potential customers knew the full extent of its distribution, port and shipping operations because its companies did not have a common name.
Now the group is being rebranded and named PD Ports, Logistics and Shipping.
It will be the first time its companies across the region, who have for some time operated within the PD – Powell Duffryn – Group, will be under one name, logo and livery.
PD Logistics' general manager of operations in Felixstowe, Chris Seymour said customers were unaware they could obtain supply chain and ports or shipping-related activities from companies within the same overall business.
People did not understand that transport and warehousing operator IMM (Bond) Ltd at Felixstowe and Cory Brothers Shipping – also based at Felixstowe – was also owned by the same company that owned nearby freight forwarder Gibbons Freight, Ipswich.
- 1 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 6 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 7 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 8 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 9 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams
"We needed to find a way to help our existing customers and potential new clients understand that we have the experience and resources to help them better manage the overall effectiveness of their supply chains for materials and products into, out of and within the UK," said Mr Seymour.
"We already had some common customers across the businesses and we have worked hard over the past six months to improve cross-business understanding and sharing of best practices, including areas such as health and safety policies and computer based information technology systems, hardware and skills.
"The ultimate aim is, of course, to increase profitability for the Group, which we believe will ultimately be good for East Anglia – both in terms of boosting the economy and in the creation of employment opportunities," Mr Seymour said.
The business has been restructured into four divisions: PD Logistics for warehousing, distribution and transport activities, PD Teesport to handle all river and port operations at Tees Dock and Hartlepool, plus PD Port Services and PD Truck and Van.