Compasses Inn in Holbrook open as usual after chimney blaze
- Credit: Archant
The landlord of a village pub has said it is business as usual after the chimney caught fire last night.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called to the Compasses Inn in Holbrook at 9.15pm yesterday.
Landlord John Curtis said the blaze caused no significant damage to the pub and it was open for trade.
Fire crews from Holbrook and Princes Street in Ipswich were sent to the eatery to tackle the blaze.
The aerial ladder platform and support pump from Colchester in Essex also attended because the extra crew was not available from Ipswich East at the time.
The fire was put out by 11.33pm.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 6 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 7 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 8 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 9 Three-home development for former Thornbank care home
- 10 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk