Congestion after accident on A14
MOTORISTS faced lengthy congestion on the A14 today after a Land Rover pulling a horse-box turned over near Stowmarket.The accident happened at around 4pm on the eastbound carriageway near to the junction with the A140 at Coddenham.
MOTORISTS suffered delays on the A14 after a horsebox overturned at Coddenham, near Stowmarket.
The accident happened at about 4pm yesterday and left both lanes of the road blocked and drivers facing major hold-ups.
A police spokesman said the horsebox had become detached form a Land Rover and overturned with a horse inside.
No other vehicles were involved, no-one was injured, and the horse is believed to have been uninjured in the accident.
Three fire engines from Ipswich and Needham Market attended the scene and firefighters rescued the horse before transferring it to another horsebox.
A police spokesman later said the accident caused traffic tailbacks of up to five miles during evening rush hour.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 6 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 7 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 8 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 9 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station
The vehicle was recovered and the A14 re-opened shortly after 6pm, he added.