Woodbridge singer stolen by Jennifer Hudson on The Voice UK
- Credit: ITV
A Suffolk singer has been swiped from Team Olly Murs in the first of the battle rounds on The Voice UK.
Connie Lamb, 18, from Woodbridge, took to the stage on Saturday and performed a duet with Molly Hocking of With You from Ghost the musical.
After her coach failed to take her through to the next round, she was snapped up by singing superstar Jennifer Hudson.
The former Farlingaye High School student, who now studies at the Brit School in London, said: “I really didn’t expect to get a steal. Jennifer left it right to the last second.”
The battle round of the TV contest sees two acts from each of the coaches’ teams “do battle” on stage as they perform a song together.
You may also want to watch:
The coach then selects their winner before the other coaches have the chance to steal the remaining act for their team.
Connie originally performed Demi Lovato’s Skyscraper at her first blind audition for Jennifer Hudson, will.i.am, Sir Tom Jones and Olly Murs.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 7 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 8 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
She will now go through to The Voice UK’s knockout rounds.