Cooker cause of kitchen fire in Holbrook
- Credit: Archant
Two people took refuge in the garden of a property in Holbrook after a fire broke out in the kitchen this morning.
A local fire crew was joined at the address, in Samford Close, by colleagues from Ipswich East and Princes Street.
The alarm was raised at about 11.25am on Wednesday morning.
Police and paramedics were also called.
Four minutes after the initial alarm was raised, another call was made to inform emergency services that two occupants had left the building and were in the garden.
Police were stood down, but paramedics assessed the two residents who did not require hospital treatment.
The fire was extinguished at 11.37am.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 5 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 6 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 7 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
- 8 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said the blaze started in a cooker.
An ambulance spokesman said: “The East of England Ambulance Service received an emergency 999 call today at 11.30am to Samford Close, Holbrook after reports of a house fire. An ambulance was sent. On arrival it was established that all occupants had made it out safely and after an assessment no one required hospital treatment.”