Cooker fire breaks out within Ipswich Central flat
Six fire crews tackled a blaze in an Ipswich town centre block of flats this morning.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called to Ipswich Central in Franciscan Way just before 6am.
On arrival, firefighters found smoke billowing from a flat on the third floor.
Crews got into the flat and found the cooker on fire.
A brigade spokeswoman said the fire was not thought to be suspicious.
No one was injured in the fire and everyone got out of the flat safely, the spokeswoman added.
The blaze was under control by 6.20am.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
Five fire engines and an aerial platform vehicle were sent to the fire.