Search

Cooking fumes cause alarm on fourth floor of Ipswich flats

PUBLISHED: 12:27 09 June 2016 | UPDATED: 12:27 09 June 2016

Fire crews responded to reports of smoke at a block of flats in Ipswich

Fire crews responded to reports of smoke at a block of flats in Ipswich

Four fire crews were called to reports of smoke at a block of flats in Ipswich town centre – but arrived to discover the cause to be burnt food.

Smoke was reported on the fourth floor of the building in Franciscan Way at about 11.40am.

Crews from Princes Street station and Ipswich East station arrived to find that the smoke was the result of cooking fumes.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ipswich Star. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Ipswich Star