How this dad's first EVER tweet went viral
- Credit: Chris Northwood
A Suffolk dad shared a picture of his new football boots on Twitter at Christmas - and was shocked to see his post go viral.
Chris Northwood, from Tattingstone near Ipswich, unwrapped a pair of black and white Adidas Copa Mundial boots on Christmas morning and decided to share his gift on Twitter.
To his surprise, a tweet with a picture of the boots gained a lot of attention - reaching more than 25,000 likes.
The post also prompted others to share their experiences of playing in old football boots, with most players opting for more colourful variants in the modern game.
Mr Northwood said: "I've always loved these. I recently started coaching and I wanted to get some new boots.
You may also want to watch:
"I was over the moon with them.
"The post prompted a lot of conversation. I just think it made people reminisce about the boots they used to wear."
- 1 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 9 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 10 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?