Man in his 80s seriously injured after crash near Copdock
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man in his 80s has been seriously injured after a crash just outside Ipswich.
Suffolk police were called to Swan Hill Road, between Copdock and Washbrook, to reports of a crash just after 5.20pm today.
They arrived to find a car had rolled over, seriously injuring the only occupant.
It is believed his injuries could be life-changing and he has been taken to hospital by ambulance.
Four fire crews attended the scene, including one from Ipswich East, two from Princes Street and one from Bury St Edmunds. They first had to stabilise the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue said crews from the East of England Ambulance Service and the fire service had worked together to establish the best way to get the man out of his vehicle.
The road remained closed at 10pm on Sunday.
- 1 Two arrested after man assaulted in Ipswich
- 2 'Microshop' selling only American candy opens in Ipswich
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 Criminals confess to nearly 400 offences thanks to specialist police unit
- 5 What are the best curry houses in Ipswich?
- 6 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 7 School in Ipswich takes 'decisive action' to make rapid improvements
- 8 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 9 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our Copdock Motorcycle Show gallery?