Three-car crash on A14 causes three miles of traffic
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A three-car collision between the Copdock roundabout and Wherstead caused three miles of traffic jams on the A14, just outside Ipswich.
Suffolk police were called to the crash around 8am after reports of three cars causing congestion between junction 55 and 56 on the westbound carriageway of the A14.
Officers and paramedics arrived at the scene shortly after to find the vehicles, a Vauxhall Insignia, Vauxhall Astra and Suzuki Swift, blocking one lane of the road.
One vehicle was able to leave the scene and officers are currently waiting on the A14 for a recovery vehicle for the other two cars.
It is understood that one person involved was injured but it is not thought to be serious at this time.
You may also want to watch:
Slow moving traffic can be expected on the westbound carriageway until recovery vehicles remove the cars.
- 1 Aldi store on Ipswich estate 'set to close within weeks'
- 2 Frustration and fear as burger van window smashed
- 3 Cash and jewellery stolen after Ipswich home broken into
- 4 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 5 Boy, 15, appears in court after teenager stabbed in Ipswich
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Woman, 34, to stand trial for robbery next year
- 8 OPINION: Why I'm too old to be waking up with a Sunday morning hangover
- 9 Jury in schoolgirl rape case retires to consider verdicts
- 10 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres