Three-car crash on A14 causes three miles of traffic
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A three-car collision between the Copdock roundabout and Wherstead caused three miles of traffic jams on the A14, just outside Ipswich.
Suffolk police were called to the crash around 8am after reports of three cars causing congestion between junction 55 and 56 on the westbound carriageway of the A14.
Officers and paramedics arrived at the scene shortly after to find the vehicles, a Vauxhall Insignia, Vauxhall Astra and Suzuki Swift, blocking one lane of the road.
One vehicle was able to leave the scene and officers are currently waiting on the A14 for a recovery vehicle for the other two cars.
It is understood that one person involved was injured but it is not thought to be serious at this time.
You may also want to watch:
Slow moving traffic can be expected on the westbound carriageway until recovery vehicles remove the cars.
- 1 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 2 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 3 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 4 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 5 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 6 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 7 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces Christmas show supporting young Suffolk musicians