Reunion for Copleston’s class of 1963
Are you a former pupil of Copleston School in Ipswich? A reunion is being held for the class of 1963.
Co-organiser Wendy Moyes (nee Harper) said, “We are all 70 this year, so that’s why we are doing it. It will be nice to catch up with each other.”
Mrs Moyes is a former pupil of Copleston School for Girls, but she said ex-pupils of the boys’ school were also invited, adding, “We all knew each other, because most of us were from the area.”
Former classmates are expected to travel from other areas of the country, including Lincoln, to join in the reunion.
The get-together will be held on Thursday, July 5 at Tower Hall, Broadlands Way, Rushmere St Andrew, from 1.30 to 5.30pm. Light refreshments will be available, and you are invited to bring along any photos or memorabilia you would like to share.
You may also want to watch:
Please contact the organisers as soon as possible if you would like to attend, so they can confirm numbers. Call Wendy Moyes on 07899 896368 or Margaret Scrivener (nee Cooper) on 07909 583623.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store