Hotels host charity Covid-themed bake off - which cake is your favourite?
- Credit: Cameron Ventures Group
Hotel staff from across Suffolk have held a charity coronavirus-themed bake-off competition to help their local community.
Furloughed hospitality staff at the Cameron Ventures Group, which runs four Best Western hotels across Suffolk, took part in the competition aimed to help vulnerable people.
Entries included a virus-shaped cake and a toilet roll sponge, while a vaccine-themed bake took home the crown after proving a hit on social media.
The cakes were then donated to vulnerable people who lived nearby the hotels.
Brian Keane, managing director of Cameron Ventures Group, said the competition showed the importance of keeping spirits high.
Mr Keane said: "Obviously everyone has been furloughed at the minute, so we decided to host the competition to bring people together.
"It was a chance to do something different, have some fun and help vulnerable people – we are all in the same boat in fighting this pandemic."
- 1 'Arrogant' man bullied woman into sending intimate photos
- 2 Man dies following collision on A12
- 3 New businesses set for former Ipswich sugar beet site
- 4 Ipswich man denies rape of a child and will face trial
- 5 Heartbreak for owners as puppy Storm loses battle for life
- 6 New 60-acre logistics park set to create 1,500 new jobs
- 7 Horse found abandoned in field so over-bred rescuers thought she was a cow
- 8 Police urge public to stick to the rules this weekend before first changes next week
- 9 Will you stand in silence to honour Covid victims on Friday night?
- 10 County lines drug dealer is jailed for eight years