Could you be the new Kate Moss?
>ASPIRING models are being given the chance to take a step closer to the dream of fame and fortune thanks to a national competition that has arrived in town.
By Jo Macdonald
ASPIRING models are being given the chance to take a step closer to the dream of fame and fortune thanks to a national competition.
The hunt is on for the Face of Edward's 2002 and the bar's Ipswich branch is taking part in the hope that the man and woman to represent their company could hail from this corner of Suffolk.
Edward's bars across the country are taking part and the chosen two will feature in the company's Christmas promotional advertising – but that is only part of the prize the eventual winners will be receiving.
Those being crowned the Face of Edward's 2002 will each receive £1,000 cash and a VIP day trip to London including a £500 spending spree at Selfridges.
In addition there's a professional photo shoot for popular magazine, Heat, and the chance to sign a model contract with Storm, the agency who have models Kate Moss and Sophie Dahl on its books.
- 1 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 2 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 3 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 4 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 5 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 6 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 7 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Ipswich MP renews support for food van fighting council's plans
- 10 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
Last year's male winner, Stuart Mann, from Stevenage signed a contract with Storm and has since appeared in fashion magazines i-D and Arena as well as appearing in Pop Idol winner, Will Young's music video, Light My Fire.
Jay Derrick, manager at Edward's in Great Coleman Street, has already been out with her staff looking for the town's most gorgeous men and women to take part in the competition but there's still time to enter.
Those who think they have got what it takes to make it in modelling should head to Edwards with two photographs – one head and shoulders and one full length – and complete an entry form by 2pm on August 21.
All entries will be sent off to Storm and ten men and ten women will be chosen to take part in the regional final at Edward's on September 5.
During an evening of fun and tough competition, a panel of judges, with the assistance of the audience, will whittle the numbers down to one male and one female who will travel to the national final in Cardiff on September 22 to represent Ipswich.
n So, pick up an entry form at Edward's in Great Coleman Street, Ipswich.