Could you be the new Kate Moss?
>ASPIRING models are being given the chance to take a step closer to the dream of fame and fortune thanks to a national competition that has arrived in town.
By Jo Macdonald
ASPIRING models are being given the chance to take a step closer to the dream of fame and fortune thanks to a national competition.
The hunt is on for the Face of Edward's 2002 and the bar's Ipswich branch is taking part in the hope that the man and woman to represent their company could hail from this corner of Suffolk.
Edward's bars across the country are taking part and the chosen two will feature in the company's Christmas promotional advertising – but that is only part of the prize the eventual winners will be receiving.
You may also want to watch:
Those being crowned the Face of Edward's 2002 will each receive £1,000 cash and a VIP day trip to London including a £500 spending spree at Selfridges.
In addition there's a professional photo shoot for popular magazine, Heat, and the chance to sign a model contract with Storm, the agency who have models Kate Moss and Sophie Dahl on its books.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 3 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 8 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 3 new eateries for you to try as Covid rules ease
Last year's male winner, Stuart Mann, from Stevenage signed a contract with Storm and has since appeared in fashion magazines i-D and Arena as well as appearing in Pop Idol winner, Will Young's music video, Light My Fire.
Jay Derrick, manager at Edward's in Great Coleman Street, has already been out with her staff looking for the town's most gorgeous men and women to take part in the competition but there's still time to enter.
Those who think they have got what it takes to make it in modelling should head to Edwards with two photographs – one head and shoulders and one full length – and complete an entry form by 2pm on August 21.
All entries will be sent off to Storm and ten men and ten women will be chosen to take part in the regional final at Edward's on September 5.
During an evening of fun and tough competition, a panel of judges, with the assistance of the audience, will whittle the numbers down to one male and one female who will travel to the national final in Cardiff on September 22 to represent Ipswich.
n So, pick up an entry form at Edward's in Great Coleman Street, Ipswich.