Councillor's bail extended
POLICE officers investigating an alleged rape have extended the bail of a county councillor.Ben Redsell, councillor for Woodbridge, was told yesterday that his bail would be extended to November 23.
POLICE officers investigating an alleged rape have extended the bail of a county councillor.
Ben Redsell, councillor for Woodbridge, was told yesterday that his bail would be extended to November 23.
Officers are investigating claims by a 19-year-old woman that she was raped at her home on August 23/24 after a night out.
Mr Redsell is also a town and district councillor for Woodbridge and he is the town's deputy mayor.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Redsell is also a member of Suffolk Police Authority but he has stood aside from his public roles while the investigation is continuing.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 8 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools