Counselling offered to ex TXU staff
COUNSELLING sessions to help Powergen staff decide on new jobs within the company or package deals elsewhere have begun in Ipswich.The sessions will continue until the end of this month for staff working in Business Services (UK) and Energy Trading.
COUNSELLING sessions to help Powergen staff decide on new jobs within the company or package deals elsewhere have begun in Ipswich.
The sessions will continue until the end of this month for staff working in Business Services (UK) and Energy Trading.
Powergen bought TXU's retail business in October last year. Of the 1,800 staff taken over, 1,200 are employed in Ipswich and the only ones that will remain in the town will be those in the retail and service support areas.
Powergen, based in Coventry, has no need for Business Services or Energy Trading in Ipswich as jobs would be duplicated with their own.
You may also want to watch:
Changes will happen for those currently working in retail and service support but no time scales for implementing those changes has yet been made said Powergen spokeswoman, Isobel Hoseason.
"We have been very keen to communicate with staff and they have a clear view of what their futures hold," she said.
- 1 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 2 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 6 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 7 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Receptionist spent 40 days and nights living in Ipswich animal shelter
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
"Across the company staff know what is available for them, what jobs they could apply for and this will all be discussed during this counselling period. "Staff know if they are likely to stay with Powergen, in a different job, or if they will be looking for a package outside of Powergen."
There are a number of different options for these people, Ms Hoseason said, adding: "They will be asked to consider the many roles available in our organisation or they may be interested in severance outside."
By February 10 the structure of the business will be known and early March decisions of what jobs will be done and by whom will be announced.