Countdown to Christmas begins in Bury St Edmunds tonight as reindeer, Husky dogs and penguins arrive in town
- Credit: Archant
New Christmas lights will be unveiled tonight as Bury St Edmunds is lit up for the festive season.
The lights will be switched on at 7pm, during a whole evening of Christmas fun in the market town.
Three are penguins, reindeer and Husky dogs all greeting shoppers this afternoon.
The animals can be found in a special enclosure near the top of Abbeygate Street, and later there will be a full stage programme of acts near Moyses Hall.
Festive stalls and attractions have set up around the town, and tickets are on sale for the Arc ice rink.
The actual lights switch on takes place at 7pm and the town will come to life with new decorations added to the existing collecting. For the first time, major car parks will also be decorated to make them more welcoming.
A Robbie Williams tribute act will round off the evening with some of the artist’s best known hits.
Will you be going along? Share your video and photos using #BSELights
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season