Countdown to Press Ball
WITH only a few hours to go preparations are underway for tonight's Evening Star Ipswich and Suffolk press ball.The glittering event, fast becoming a highlight of the Suffolk social calendar, is taking place at the County Hotel in Copdock tonight and hopes to raise £20,000 for Disability Care Enterprise.
WITH only a few hours to go preparations are underway for tonight's Evening Star Ipswich and Suffolk press ball.
The glittering event, fast becoming a highlight of the Suffolk social calendar, is taking place at the County Hotel in Copdock tonight and hopes to raise £20,000 for Disability Care Enterprise.
The charity helps improve the lives of disabled children in the area by providing them with vital specialist equipment.
Carolyne Morey, project director of DCE, said: "We've got so many children that need the money and are waiting to see what's raised. We are aiming to raise £20,000 to help 20 children.
You may also want to watch:
"It's always good fun and everybody enjoys it, and we try to make it different each year. I'm really looking forward to it."
Evening Star editor Nigel Pickover said: "The Press Ball has become part of the Suffolk social scene and it is one of the big events of the year. We are thrilled that with help of British Gas and the AV unit we have raised over £100,000 in previous years.
- 1 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 2 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 3 Anger as 'selfish' fly-tippers dump couch in Ipswich street
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing
- 6 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 7 Seafront theatre set for big improvements and balcony dining
- 8 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 9 Nadia Cenci to get equality training after 'virtually no racism' tweet
- 10 Ipswich man in court accused of setting light to car
"We have got a big task tonight of trying to raise £20,000 but I am confident that it will be a great night and we can raise lots of money to help lots of children."
Many local firms have kindly donated 'lots' for the auction which will take place during the evening. For the full list of the prestigious items on offer see page 16.