Couple killed in house fire tragedy

A COUPLE were killed in a house blaze believed to have been started by a chip pan fire.

A COUPLE were killed in a house blaze believed to have been started by a chip pan fire.

Cheryl Davies, 39, and Andrew Vaughan, 29, were found in the living room of their home in Ashington, Northumberland, yesterday. They had been overcome by smoke.

The couple's two cats also died.

Firefighters were called to the house just after 8.30am when a neighbour reported smoke.

Two smoke alarms were fitted in the property, but neither was working.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter