Court appearance for suspected murderer
A 28-YEAR-old man was today due to appear in court facing a charge of murder after a fatal stabbing on Christmas Eve.Kwabena Asumadu was to face judge John Devaux at Ipswich Crown Court, in Russell Road, for a preliminary hearing for the case.
A 28-YEAR-old man was today due to appear in court facing a charge of murder after a stabbing on Christmas Eve.
Kwabena Asumadu was to face judge John Devaux in court five at Ipswich Crown Court, for a preliminary hearing for the case.
It is alleged that Asumadu repeatedly stabbed 22-year-old Prince Kofi Koomson in Bury St Edmunds.
Police were called to St John's Place at 1.22am on Christmas Eve after receiving reports that a man had suffered injuries to the chest.
Mr Koomson was confirmed dead at the scene after police and paramedics arrived at the property.
He was discovered with seven stab wounds in the apartment where he had lived with the defendant for the last three months.
- 1 Severe delays on A14 and Orwell Bridge after wheel falls off ambulance
- 2 Lorry recovered after overturning on A14 roundabout at Felixstowe
- 3 Two hour delays on A14 after road closed near Felixstowe
- 4 5 businesses opening up in Ipswich soon
- 5 Taco Bell plans set to be approved
- 6 Driver taken to hospital after three-car crash on A12 near Ipswich
- 7 A14 slip road closed near Ipswich after BMW catches fire
- 8 Memorial match for colleague killed outside takeaway
- 9 'The food at this new Ipswich restaurant tastes amazing'
- 10 Suffolk cinemas at risk as Cineworld 'set to file for bankruptcy'
A 22-year-old man was also arrested on suspicion of murder but was released without charge days after the event.