Court appearance for suspected murderer
A 28-YEAR-old man was today due to appear in court facing a charge of murder after a fatal stabbing on Christmas Eve.Kwabena Asumadu was to face judge John Devaux at Ipswich Crown Court, in Russell Road, for a preliminary hearing for the case.
A 28-YEAR-old man was today due to appear in court facing a charge of murder after a stabbing on Christmas Eve.
Kwabena Asumadu was to face judge John Devaux in court five at Ipswich Crown Court, for a preliminary hearing for the case.
It is alleged that Asumadu repeatedly stabbed 22-year-old Prince Kofi Koomson in Bury St Edmunds.
Police were called to St John's Place at 1.22am on Christmas Eve after receiving reports that a man had suffered injuries to the chest.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Koomson was confirmed dead at the scene after police and paramedics arrived at the property.
He was discovered with seven stab wounds in the apartment where he had lived with the defendant for the last three months.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
A 22-year-old man was also arrested on suspicion of murder but was released without charge days after the event.