Court date set for West End Road travellers after eviction notices served
- Credit: Archant
A court hearing over travellers in West End Road car park in Ipswich is due to take place on Wednesday, following eviction notices being served.
The group of six caravans arrived on Sunday evening at the pay-and-display car park, with a further two joining on Monday.
Ipswich Borough Council, which runs the car park, confirmed it had begun legal proceedings earlier in the week, and yesterday said it had applied to the County Court for a hearing, which has been set for Wednesday, June 7.
A spokesman for the council said: “We are doing everything we can to get possession of the full site but we do have to follow a set legal process.”
The car park has remained open to the public throughout the travellers’ occupation, albeit with a reduced number of spaces available.
You may also want to watch:
Welfare checks have also been carried out through the week.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 4 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 7 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 8 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 9 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 10 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate