Cousins' double win in Bonny competition
TAKE a look at Suffolk's bonniest babies - Evening Star competition winners Corey Howe and Shannon Singleton.
TAKE a look at Suffolk's bonniest babies.
Cousins Corey Howe and Shannon Singleton came out winners in The Evening Star's Bonny Babies 2006 competition after readers voted them their favourite cuties.
Babies from across the county had their moment in front of the cameras for the competition as parents took the opportunity to show off their beautiful bouncing little ones.
Children under five had their pictures taken for a special Star pull-out and readers then filled in coupons and sent them in to us at Press House in Ipswich to vote for their favourite.
Fifteen-month-old Shannon is the daughter of Hayley Howe, 24, and Andrew Singleton, 22, from Burns Road, Ipswich.
Miss Howe said her baby's happy smile helped her to win.
- 1 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 2 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 3 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 4 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 5 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 6 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 7 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
She said: “She's always happy. She's such a happy baby and she likes to pose.
“I really like the pictures they took of her.”
And it seems good looks run in the family after Shannon's cousin Corey was the winner in the boy's category.
Shannon is the daughter of Tasha Clipstone and Hayley's brother Jamie Howe, who also live in Burns Road.
Proud mum Tasha said 15-week-old Corey was already an old pro in front of the camera as he has had several professional shoots.
Miss Clipstone said: “He does smile quite a lot.”
Both families are now off on a Haven holiday as their prize.