Crane Fund for Women and Children donates over £30,000 to charities
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of pounds have been donated to a number of charities based around the region.
Crane Fund for Widows and Children donated a total of £33,600 to charities close to the heart of its staff members.
A charitable giving event was also hosted at its branch in Ipswich.
The cheques were given to: East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH), Sue Ryder – The Chantry, Colchester Hospitals Charity, The Multiple Sclerosis Society, Macmillan Woolverstone Wish Fundraising Group, and Service by Emergency Rider Volunteers.
Each charity was chosen by a member of staff at the organisation.
Judy Lumsden, president of Crane Building Services & Utilities, praised the “amazing” work carried out by the charities.
She said: “It’s so nice to be able to support the great work being done by these amazing charities supporting the local community.”
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 4 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 5 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
- 6 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 7 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 8 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 9 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 10 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested