Crash between car and lorry on southbound A12 at Copdock
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services are at the scene of a crash between a car and a lorry on the A12 just south of Copdock.
Police were called today at around 12.40pm to the collision on the south carriageway.
One lane of the road is currently blocked and is causing traffic delays in the area.
A police spokeswoman said the fire service have also been sent to the scene as the driver of the car, a woman aged in her 20s, could be trapped in her vehicle.
She said there are no reports of serious injuries and the woman is conscious and breathing.
“We were called at 12.40pm to a two vehicle collision just south of Copdock,” she said.
“The car appears to be on its side so a fire crew have been called in case they need to gain access to get the driver out.”
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 3 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 4 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 5 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 6 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 7 'They saved our boy's life' - Fundraiser for hospital that helped little Rocco
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 10 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
She added that Highways had also been called as the crash barrier may have been damaged.
The Essex and Herts air ambulance was called to the scene.
An East of England Ambulance Service Trust spokesman said: “We were called to a road traffic collision on the A12 near Copdock at 12.40pm today.
“An ambulance, an ambulance officer and the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance attended and treated woman in her 20s with minor injuries.
“She was taken to Ipswich Hospital for further care.”