Crash causes road chaos
A SERIOUS crash in Holbrook today left a busy main road partially closed causing mayhem during the morning rush hour.The accident took place on the B1080 shortly after 8am.
A SERIOUS crash in Holbrook today left a busy main road partially closed causing mayhem during the morning rush hour.
The accident took place on the B1080 shortly after 8am.
Two cars were involved in the smash and one person had to be cut out of their vehicle by firefighters.
Police, two ambulances and two crews from Princes Street and one from Holbrook were sent to deal with the aftermath of the collision.
You may also want to watch:
An East of England Ambulance Service rapid response vehicle was also sent.
The road was closed at the Freston junction immediately, with traffic being diverted back into Ipswich and along the A137 which runs towards Brantham and Manningtree.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 9 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 10 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
Diversions were expected to be in place for several hours.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said it was understood that two people were believed to have been hurt in the accident.
She said an ambulance took one of those involved to Ipswich Hospital, although she was unable to confirm what injuries the person had suffered.
The B1080 cuts through Stutton, The Royal Hospital School, Holbrook and Freston and is the principal route into town for residents from those areas.
It joins the B1456 at Freston which runs into the south-west outskirts of Ipswich.
Were you held up by the accident? Is the road dangerous? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com