Crash death pair 'died instantly'
TWO people who were killed in a car crash on the B1080 last week both died instantly an Ipswich court heard today.Jennifer Winton, 23, of Holly Road, Kesgrave, and Phillip Cotton, 20, of Orwell Road, Ipswich died after a car crash on Thursday, August 21.
TWO people who were killed in a car crash on the B1080 last week both died instantly an Ipswich court heard today.
Jennifer Winton, 23, of Holly Road, Kesgrave, and Phillip Cotton, 20, of Orwell Road, Ipswich died after a car crash on Thursday, August 21.
At about 9.40pm Miss Winton was driving a Peugeot 205 with Mr Cotton a rear passenger.
They and two friends were travelling on the B1080 near Freston at the junction with Holbrook Road.
The vehicle then skidded across the central island and crashed into an embankment killing the two people.
An inquest was today opened and adjourned by Roger Stewart at Ipswich Crown Court. It was revealed that the pair died instantly due to suspected serious head injuries. There were two other people in the car and one remains in a critical condition at Ipswich Hospital.
- 1 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 2 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 3 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 4 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 5 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 6 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
- 7 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 8 BT applies to install eight Street Hubs in Ipswich
- 9 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 10 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
Xiarchos Kosta, 27, of Locarno Road, Ipswich suffered extensive head injuries and is currently in intensive care.
Joseph Wrapson, 20, of Norwich Road, Claydon also suffered two broken arms in the crash.
Another inquest was also opened at Ipswich Crown Today. Pedestrian Alan Powell, 39, of Cobbold Road, Felixstowe died instantly after he was in collision with a car.
The incident happened at 1am on Friday, August 22 at a slip road on the A14 at the Seven Hills interchange in Nacton.
The three inquests were all adjourned as further reports have to be completed.