Crash death pair 'died instantly'
TWO people who were killed in a car crash on the B1080 last week both died instantly an Ipswich court heard today.Jennifer Winton, 23, of Holly Road, Kesgrave, and Phillip Cotton, 20, of Orwell Road, Ipswich died after a car crash on Thursday, August 21.
TWO people who were killed in a car crash on the B1080 last week both died instantly an Ipswich court heard today.
Jennifer Winton, 23, of Holly Road, Kesgrave, and Phillip Cotton, 20, of Orwell Road, Ipswich died after a car crash on Thursday, August 21.
At about 9.40pm Miss Winton was driving a Peugeot 205 with Mr Cotton a rear passenger.
They and two friends were travelling on the B1080 near Freston at the junction with Holbrook Road.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle then skidded across the central island and crashed into an embankment killing the two people.
An inquest was today opened and adjourned by Roger Stewart at Ipswich Crown Court. It was revealed that the pair died instantly due to suspected serious head injuries. There were two other people in the car and one remains in a critical condition at Ipswich Hospital.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 4 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 5 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 9 Risk of thundery showers this evening, say forecasters
- 10 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
Xiarchos Kosta, 27, of Locarno Road, Ipswich suffered extensive head injuries and is currently in intensive care.
Joseph Wrapson, 20, of Norwich Road, Claydon also suffered two broken arms in the crash.
Another inquest was also opened at Ipswich Crown Today. Pedestrian Alan Powell, 39, of Cobbold Road, Felixstowe died instantly after he was in collision with a car.
The incident happened at 1am on Friday, August 22 at a slip road on the A14 at the Seven Hills interchange in Nacton.
The three inquests were all adjourned as further reports have to be completed.