Crash death pair 'died instantly'
TWO people who were killed in a car crash on the B1080 last week both died instantly an Ipswich court heard today.Jennifer Winton, 23, of Holly Road, Kesgrave, and Phillip Cotton, 20, of Orwell Road, Ipswich died after a car crash on Thursday, August 21.
TWO people who were killed in a car crash on the B1080 last week both died instantly an Ipswich court heard today.
Jennifer Winton, 23, of Holly Road, Kesgrave, and Phillip Cotton, 20, of Orwell Road, Ipswich died after a car crash on Thursday, August 21.
At about 9.40pm Miss Winton was driving a Peugeot 205 with Mr Cotton a rear passenger.
They and two friends were travelling on the B1080 near Freston at the junction with Holbrook Road.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle then skidded across the central island and crashed into an embankment killing the two people.
An inquest was today opened and adjourned by Roger Stewart at Ipswich Crown Court. It was revealed that the pair died instantly due to suspected serious head injuries. There were two other people in the car and one remains in a critical condition at Ipswich Hospital.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 3 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 4 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 5 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
- 6 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 7 New streetfood restaurant set to open in Ipswich Corn Exchange
- 8 Ipswich man charged over alleged cocaine dealing
- 9 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club
Xiarchos Kosta, 27, of Locarno Road, Ipswich suffered extensive head injuries and is currently in intensive care.
Joseph Wrapson, 20, of Norwich Road, Claydon also suffered two broken arms in the crash.
Another inquest was also opened at Ipswich Crown Today. Pedestrian Alan Powell, 39, of Cobbold Road, Felixstowe died instantly after he was in collision with a car.
The incident happened at 1am on Friday, August 22 at a slip road on the A14 at the Seven Hills interchange in Nacton.
The three inquests were all adjourned as further reports have to be completed.