Crash in Hawthorn Drive between car and man, aged 92, riding a mobility scooter
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A 92-year-old man has sustained a head injury after a crash in Ipswich earlier today.
The incident happened in Hawthorn Drive, near the junction with Gannet Road, around 12.50pm.
In it the man, who was riding a mobility scooter, was in collision with a silver Peugeot 107.
Police and paramedics attended the scene.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said the man was taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment but was not in a life-threatening condition.
A police investigation will take place to work out what happened prior to the crash.
Any witnesses are asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 187.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 8 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 9 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
- 10 Inquest into death of 32-year-old woman in Barham crash postponed