Motorcyclist dies following A12 crash between Ipswich and Martlesham
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died following a crash on the A12 between Ipswich and Martlesham last night.
An air ambulance, police and several ambulance crews, including a SARS critical care paramedic, rushed to the scene on the A12 near Brightwell following reports of a crash involving a motorbike and two cars at around 8pm.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 20s, was rushed to Ipswich Hospital in a critical condition.
This morning a police spokesman said: “Sadly he has passed away.”
The collision happened on the southbound carriageway, just before the Brightwell Roundabout, which connects Foxhall Road with Newbourne Road.
You may also want to watch:
Police say it involved a motorcycle, a Ford KA and a Volvo.
Officers shut both carriageways to clear debris from the collision and to allow accident investigation work to take place.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront
No-one else is believed to have been hurt in the crash.
Last night an ambulance service spokeswoman said: “The East of England Ambulance Service Trust was called to reports of a road traffic collision involving a car and a motorbike at 8.04pm this evening on the A12 near Brightwell.
“An ambulance, a rapid response vehicle, the Suffolk Accident and Rescue Service, an ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance attended.
“Crews treated a man with suspected head and pelvic injuries.
“He was taken by land ambulance to Ipswich Hospital in a serious condition.”
The road was completely shut between Foxhall Road and Eagle Way but was reopened at around 3.30am this morning.
Witnesses or those who may have any dash cam footage of the incident are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 reference CAD 411 of yesterday 21 June.