Crash leaves two dead
TWO people died after a crash between a motorbike and a car in west Essex.Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash between a black Yamaha motorcycle and a silver Mitsubishi Pajero, which happened in Stanford Rivers at the junction of London Road and Shonks Mill Road at 2.30pm.
TWO people died after a crash between a motorbike and a car in west Essex.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash between a black Yamaha motorcycle and a silver Mitsubishi Pajero, which happened in Stanford Rivers at the junction of London Road and Shonks Mill Road at 2.30pm on Sunday, August 16.
The motorcyclist, who is believed to be a man in his 40s and from Harlow, was certified dead at the scene. A formal identification process will take place this afternoon .
A back-seat passenger in the Mitsubishi, an 87-year-old woman from Loughton, was also certified dead at the scene.
The motorcyclist was travelling towards Abridge while the 4x4 vehicle was turning right into Shonks Mill Road after having travelled from Abridge.
A section of the road was closed for six hours while forensic collision investigators carried out their enquiries to discover the cause of the crash.
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 4 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 5 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 6 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 7 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 8 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 9 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 10 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
Any witnesses to this crash are urged to contact investigating officers at Chigwell Road Policing Unit on 0300 3334444.