Crash leaves two dead
TWO people died after a crash between a motorbike and a car in west Essex.Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash between a black Yamaha motorcycle and a silver Mitsubishi Pajero, which happened in Stanford Rivers at the junction of London Road and Shonks Mill Road at 2.30pm.
TWO people died after a crash between a motorbike and a car in west Essex.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash between a black Yamaha motorcycle and a silver Mitsubishi Pajero, which happened in Stanford Rivers at the junction of London Road and Shonks Mill Road at 2.30pm on Sunday, August 16.
The motorcyclist, who is believed to be a man in his 40s and from Harlow, was certified dead at the scene. A formal identification process will take place this afternoon .
A back-seat passenger in the Mitsubishi, an 87-year-old woman from Loughton, was also certified dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The motorcyclist was travelling towards Abridge while the 4x4 vehicle was turning right into Shonks Mill Road after having travelled from Abridge.
A section of the road was closed for six hours while forensic collision investigators carried out their enquiries to discover the cause of the crash.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 5 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
Any witnesses to this crash are urged to contact investigating officers at Chigwell Road Policing Unit on 0300 3334444.