Crews tackle field blazes
CREWS are currently tackling two field blazes in Suffolk.
FIREFIGHTERS have tackled two more field fires in Suffolk, this afternoon.
At 3.15pm crews from Long Melford, Sudbury and Clare were called to a blaze of one acre of standing crops in Long Melford off Old School Lane.
One hose reel and beaters were used and the fire was put out at around 3.30pm.
Meanwhile at 3.22pm firefighters from Stradbroke were called to another blaze of half and acre of grass at Redlingfield off Occold Road.
You may also want to watch:
One hose reel and beaters were used to extinguish the blaze at about 3.40pm.
Earlier this afternoon at around 1.41pm two field fires broke out at Tattingstone and Saxmundham, both have been extinguished.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 7 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths