Crews tackle fire at timber yard near Landseer Road, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a blaze at a timber yard in Ipswich on Monday afternoon.
Fire crews were called to the scene just off Landseer Road close to the River Orwell at around 3.07pm.
Two fire engines from Ipswich - one from Princes Street fire station and the other from Ipswich East - were quickly dispatched to the scene of the fire.
A spokeswoman for the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said when the first crew arrived at the scene they were faced by four small fires.
She said: “There were four separate fires in a timber yard in four piles of timber.
“We had one engine arrive at the scene first after we got the call at 3.07pm.
“They wanted a second engine sent because they needed more water.”
- 1 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 2 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 3 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 6 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 7 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 8 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 9 Jailed in November: The criminals locked up in Suffolk last month
- 10 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
She said the fires were quickly put out and that both fire crews were back at their bases by 3.55pm.