Crews tackle fire drama
FIREFIGHTERS are currently tackling a house fire in Hawthorn Drive, Ipswich.
A CARE home was evacuated after a car crashed and burst into flames.
Firefighters were concerned the blaze, which broke out just after 4pm, would spread to the near-by home in Hawthorn Drive, Ipswich.
Eye witnesses said the car came off the road, crashed into a tree and burst into flames.
One said: “The car hit the tree with an almighty bang and the flames went quite high.
You may also want to watch:
“The man got out of the car and then pulled the woman out. She was crying but didn't seem hurt.”
A police spokesman said: “The car has come of the road for unknown reasons and hit a tree.
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 3 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
“We are still investigating to try and determine the cause of the incident.”
Police and ambulance crews were called to the scene and treated a man and a woman who had been in the car.
They were treated for minor injuries and it's not thought they required hospital treatment.
The fire was extinguished by 4.14pm.
The road was closed in both directions while emergency crews were on the scene.
Emergency services have since cleared the road.