Crews tackle fire drama
FIREFIGHTERS are currently tackling a house fire in Hawthorn Drive, Ipswich.
A CARE home was evacuated after a car crashed and burst into flames.
Firefighters were concerned the blaze, which broke out just after 4pm, would spread to the near-by home in Hawthorn Drive, Ipswich.
Eye witnesses said the car came off the road, crashed into a tree and burst into flames.
One said: “The car hit the tree with an almighty bang and the flames went quite high.
“The man got out of the car and then pulled the woman out. She was crying but didn't seem hurt.”
A police spokesman said: “The car has come of the road for unknown reasons and hit a tree.
- 1 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 2 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 3 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 4 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 5 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 6 £1million house with extensive grounds up for sale near Christchurch Park
- 7 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 8 Hopes pre-built extension plans will attract bigger acts to the Regent
- 9 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 10 Meet John Cook the next mayor of Ipswich – and a Norwich City supporter
“We are still investigating to try and determine the cause of the incident.”
Police and ambulance crews were called to the scene and treated a man and a woman who had been in the car.
They were treated for minor injuries and it's not thought they required hospital treatment.
The fire was extinguished by 4.14pm.
The road was closed in both directions while emergency crews were on the scene.
Emergency services have since cleared the road.