'Large stones' thrown at lorry from A14 bridge near Ipswich
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A lorry's windscreen has been smashed after large stones were allegedly thrown at a vehicle on the A14 on the outskirts on Ipswich.
Suffolk police said the incident happened on the eastbound carriageway at Sproughton shortly before midday on Wednesday.
A group of men were allegedly seen throwing unknown objects, believed to be large stones, onto a lorry as it passed under a bridge.
The lorry was left with a smashed windscreen and two objects hit the vehicle's body work.
One man was wearing a light blue hoodie with white or grey on the hood, while another was wearing a dark hoodie.
Two of the other men had brown hair, while a possible fifth suspect could not be clearly seen.
The men could not be found when officers arrived at the scene.
- 1 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 2 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 3 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 4 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 5 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 6 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 7 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 8 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 9 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 10 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
Officers are reminding members of the public that throwing objects at vehicles is a criminal offence.
Anyone with any information about this incident or who saw anything suspicious is urged to contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference number 37/42571/21.