'Large stones' thrown at lorry from A14 bridge near Ipswich
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A lorry's windscreen has been smashed after large stones were allegedly thrown at a vehicle on the A14 on the outskirts on Ipswich.
Suffolk police said the incident happened on the eastbound carriageway at Sproughton shortly before midday on Wednesday.
A group of men were allegedly seen throwing unknown objects, believed to be large stones, onto a lorry as it passed under a bridge.
The lorry was left with a smashed windscreen and two objects hit the vehicle's body work.
One man was wearing a light blue hoodie with white or grey on the hood, while another was wearing a dark hoodie.
You may also want to watch:
Two of the other men had brown hair, while a possible fifth suspect could not be clearly seen.
The men could not be found when officers arrived at the scene.
- 1 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 2 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 3 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 4 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 5 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 6 Ipswich man denies multiple rape offences as trial begins
- 7 Drunk driver nearly caused head-on crash driving on wrong side of the road
- 8 Cinnabon chain coming to A14 service station
- 9 'I want to train as HGV driver but there are so many delays'
- 10 Ipswich man led police on 55 mile chase at 120mph
Officers are reminding members of the public that throwing objects at vehicles is a criminal offence.
Anyone with any information about this incident or who saw anything suspicious is urged to contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference number 37/42571/21.