Hospital order extended for gun dealer who killed wife
- Credit: Archant
A judge has extended an interim hospital order on a gun dealer who fatally shot his solicitor wife at their Suffolk farmhouse.
Peter Hartshorne-Jones, 52, was charged with murder after his wife was found shot inside their family home at The Green, Barham, on the morning of Sunday, May 3 last year.
Hartshorne-Jones denied murdering his 41-year-old wife, Silke, but admitted manslaughter by reason of diminished responsibility at a hearing in September.
Mrs Hartshorne-Jones was found on the floor upstairs, with two gunshot wounds, after police were called by her husband at 4.45am.
She was taken to Ipswich Hospital but died a short time later at 6.42am.
A post mortem examination confirmed her death was the result of two gunshot wounds.
Hartshorne-Jones is said to have had a recurrent depressive disorder and had psychotic symptoms at the time of the shooting.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 3 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 6 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 7 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 8 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 9 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 10 Power cuts in Ipswich leave businesses closed
Judge Martyn Levett imposed a Section 38 interim hospital order for 12 weeks in April.
On Monday, he extended the order until August 13 to allow the defendant to continue receiving treatment.
Hartshorne-Jones is due to be sentenced on August 31.