Elderly man threatens cyclist with hammer in Ipswich street
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Two victims were approached and threatened by an elderly man with a hammer in Ipswich.
The incident happened on Thursday, April 8 at around 7.25pm in Belstead Road.
The elderly man swore at a young cyclist and waved a hammer, before approaching a man in his 30s who was walking nearby.
He swung the hammer at him and made verbal threats but the victim was able to move out of the way and was uninjured.
The suspect is described as white, of quite small build and hunched over.
Officers are asking for witnesses or anybody who may have been driving in the area at the time and who has dashcam footage to contact Ipswich Police quoting reference 17647/21.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 3 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 4 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 Man who left taxi driver with serious head injuries admits attack
- 7 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 8 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 9 Being called ‘woke’ by older people an ‘insult’ says Suffolk students
- 10 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness