Woman jailed for stealing perfume from Boots in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been jailed for four months for stealing bottles of perfume from a shop in Ipswich while serving a suspended prison sentence.
Chantelle Kerry, 39, from Unity Street, Ipswich, appeared before magistrates in custody, via video link, on Friday.
On Wednesday, March 3, she walked into the Tavern Street branch of Boots, selected four boxes of perfume, worth a total of £82.50, and left without making any attempt to pay for the items.
At the time, she was subject to a 12-week suspended prison sentence.
Kerry was arrested on Thursday and taken to Martlesham police investigation centre, where she was subsequently charged with theft from a shop.
Magistrates activated the suspended sentence and imposed a further four weeks' custody for the theft.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 3 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 7 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 8 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 9 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 10 New military shop opens in Sailmakers selling Christmas gifts