Woman jailed for stealing perfume from Boots in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been jailed for four months for stealing bottles of perfume from a shop in Ipswich while serving a suspended prison sentence.
Chantelle Kerry, 39, from Unity Street, Ipswich, appeared before magistrates in custody, via video link, on Friday.
On Wednesday, March 3, she walked into the Tavern Street branch of Boots, selected four boxes of perfume, worth a total of £82.50, and left without making any attempt to pay for the items.
At the time, she was subject to a 12-week suspended prison sentence.
Kerry was arrested on Thursday and taken to Martlesham police investigation centre, where she was subsequently charged with theft from a shop.
Magistrates activated the suspended sentence and imposed a further four weeks' custody for the theft.
- 1 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 2 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 3 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 4 Fire marshals to patrol Waterfront block 24/7 and balconies could be removed
- 5 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 6 'Knock at the door it's... Sir Keir Starmer?' Labour leader joins Ipswich bingo night
- 7 Burglars crept into Ipswich home while occupant was inside
- 8 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge