Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after car crashes into Pizza Hut
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving after a car crashed into a Pizza Hut in Ipswich.
Police were called to the single-vehicle crash shortly after 11pm last night at the junction of Foxhall Road and Gladstone Road.
A bronze Kia left the road and crashed into the rear of the Pizza Hut building, Suffolk police said.
Officers attended and arrested the driver, a man in his 20s, on suspicion of drink driving.
A cordon was put in place and a structural engineer attended to assess the building as there were structural concerns.
The vehicle has now been recovered and police left the scene at 8.20am.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich