Pensioner admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- Credit: Archant
A 70-year-old man could be jailed after he admitted trying to engage a 'decoy' 13-year-old girl into sexual activity and possessing hundreds of indecent images.
Denis Lewis appeared at Ipswich Crown Court on Tuesday to face five charges at his plea and trial preparation hearing.
Lewis, of St Matthew's Street, Ipswich pleaded guilty to attempting to incite a girl to engage in sexual activity, three counts of making indecent images and one charge of possessing extreme pornographic images.
The court heard how Lewis was caught with 71 indecent images of the most serious kind - category A - as well as 58 graded as category B on November 27, 2018, in Haverhill.
He was also found to have 140 category C images and 20 category C videos along with four extreme pornographic images and one extreme pornographic video on the same date.
Lewis had no previous convictions, the court heard.
Judge Rupert Overbury ordered a pre-sentence report from the Probation Service and warned Lewis: "It may very well be a prison sentence when you come back.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 3 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 4 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 5 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 6 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 7 Ipswich music producer's 'amazing' rise as global DJ's assistant
- 8 Breakdown on Orwell Bridge cleared after queues to Copdock roundabout
- 9 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 10 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
"I will consider alternatives, but I am not making any promises at all."
Lewis will be sentenced on May 20.