Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- Credit: Google Maps
An 18-year-old man has been seriously injured following a stabbing in Ipswich.
Police were called to the scene of the stabbing, in Downside Close, shortly before 4.50pm on Monday (January 25).
The victim was taken to hospital by car, where he is receiving treatment for serious injuries.
A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed a 17-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the attack.
He has been taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Police are now appealing for witnesses, or those with information regarding the attack, to come forward.
Those who can help police in their enquiries are asked to call South CID at Landmark House on 101, quoting CAD 263 of January 25.
Alternatively, Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Air ambulance lands in Ipswich park to assist with medical emergency
- 2 Town’s old electricity building has ‘proud’ new owner
- 3 First lockdown restrictions lifted today - what can you do now?
- 4 'Essex Boys' killer released from prison to live in Suffolk
- 5 Car flips onto roof on A14 near Ipswich in early hours of morning
- 6 Plans unveiled for permanent traffic ban on Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 What does £400k buy if you are house hunting in Suffolk?
- 8 Mum separated from baby by nearly 50 miles after Covid birth trauma
- 9 Concern over missing Suffolk teenager
- 10 Suffolk solicitor says new evidence fuels Ipswich Town takeover rumours