Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- Credit: Google Maps
An 18-year-old man has been seriously injured following a stabbing in Ipswich.
Police were called to the scene of the stabbing, in Downside Close, shortly before 4.50pm on Monday (January 25).
The victim was taken to hospital by car, where he is receiving treatment for serious injuries.
A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed a 17-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the attack.
He has been taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Police are now appealing for witnesses, or those with information regarding the attack, to come forward.
Those who can help police in their enquiries are asked to call South CID at Landmark House on 101, quoting CAD 263 of January 25.
Alternatively, Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 2 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer joins Ipswich bingo night
- 4 Mum's pride as former Ipswich schoolboy named in Tokyo 2020 Olympics squad
- 5 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed
- 6 Why you should be heading to Beach Street this Saturday
- 7 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 8 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Sheffield Tigers v Ipswich Witches... LIVE UPDATES from Owlerton
- 9 'I can't sleep' – Ipswich Hockey Club tired by ASB at new pitch
- 10 CCTV appeal after vandal shatters McDonald's door